Home > Gameguide > System information
The Master & Apprentice System allows players to be in a teacher-student relationship. Basically, someone of higher level than the other player can be the master. One master can have up to 3 apprentices. Many merits are given to masters and apprentices, which can differ based on their relationship points.
In order to have a Master & Apprentice relationship there are standard conditions. These are the following conditions.
- The master’s character must be at least at 2nd promotion.
- The apprentice character has to be at least at 1st promotion.
- Master and Apprentice’s level difference should be at least 20 levels, and this only applies to the very first pact.
- A master can have three apprentices.
- An apprentice can only escort one master..
- Characters may only have a master or apprentice of the same class.
- A master cannot be another player’s apprentice, and likewise, an apprentice cannot be the master of another player.
- A master can abandon his relationship with the apprentice. But penalties will follow, and the master will be unable to establish a new relationship for 10 days.
- Apprentice can also abandon his relationship with the master, but penalties also follow. Likewise, the apprentice will be unable to establish a new relationship for 10 days.
- The Master & Apprentice system does not apply between different factions.
- When a user below level 35 decides to join the opposite faction to the master, the relationship will automatically end.
In order to have a Master & Apprentice relationship, you will need the other party’s consent. To request a Master & Apprentice relationship you will have to use these commands.
- A. /requestmaster charactername : invite target character to be your master.
- B. /inviteapprentice charactername : invite target character to be your apprentice. Player can use the above commands to become masters and apprentices, but they must be close to each other. When commands are used, the windows below will be displayed.
Abandoning the Master & Apprentice relationship is allowed but penalties, such as the loss of special effects, will apply. When abandoning a relationship, you do not need consent from the other party.
/abandonrelationship charactername : abandons relationship with the target character. (If you are a master, it does not affect other apprentices other than the target character). The target character will receive an accept/decline message window like the one shown, and may click OK to abandon the relationship.
- When the master abandons the relationship:
- a) The master is not allowed to replace the apprentice spot with another apprentice for 10 days.
- b) The effects that took place during the relationship will disappear.
- c) After abandoning the relationship, both master and apprentice cannot commit in different relationships for 10days.
- d) When abandoning the relationship, the profit earned will disappear from both master and apprentice.
- When the apprentice abandons the relationship
- a) The apprentice cannot start a new relationship with another master for 10 days.
- b) The skills given while in the relationship will disappear along with the effects (including items) when aban doning the Master & Apprentice relationship.
When applying Master & Apprentice relationship between characters , the standard effect will be given to both. The following are the standard effects given.
When the apprentice levels up, the master gets a certain amount of experience. It does not matter whether the user is connected or not, the apprentice’s leveling up benefit applies when the master logs in.
|Master & Apprentice Level
|Master Exp receivable depending
on apprentice level up
|X <= 30||(1% of total Exp needed to level up) * 1|
|30 < x <= 40||(1% of total Exp needed to level up) * 1/2|
|40 < x <= 50||(1% of total Exp needed to level up) * 1/4|
|50 < x <= 60||(1% of total Exp needed to level up) * 1/8|
|60 < x <= 70||(1% of total Exp needed to level up) * 1/16|
|70 < x||(1% of total Exp needed to level up) * 1/32||and Above|
Master and apprentice can do the exclusive master-apprentice quests. They could also get additional benefits after the quest through items given to the apprentices.
- Apprentices can learn skills from their masters. The learned skills can be used without level restriction, and the skills that can be taught are decided based on the relationship points. However, masters can only teach skills that are at the very next level of the apprentice’s current promotion level. For example, if the apprentice is a 2nd promotion character, the master can teach 3rd promotion skills, but not 4th promotion skills.
- Master and apprentice can do the exclusive master-apprentice quests. They could also get additional benefits after the quest through items given to apprentices.
Master and apprentice are divided into 5 levels, and according to their level, they can do certain quests and receive certain benefits. Experience gained by the apprentice after the relationship has been established contributes to the relationship points. For every relationship level, there is a quest, and the rewards are explained below.
|Lvl.5(Bottom)||M-A relationship established||Lvl.4 Master-Apprentice quest becomes available.|
|Lvl.4||Lvl.4 Quest Completion||Lvl. 3 Master-Apprentice quest becomes available.|
|Lvl.3||Lvl. 3 Quest Completion||Lvl. 2 Master-Apprentice quest becomes available.|
|After the quest is completed, apprentice gets Hidden Dragon Medallion.|
|Lvl.2||Lvl. 2 Quest Completion||Lvl. 1 Master-Apprentice quest becomes available.|
|After the quest is completed, apprentice gets Black Dragon medallion.|
|Lvl.1||Lvl. 1 Quest Completion||After the quest is completed, apprentice gets Victorious Dragon Medallion.|
- A. Relationship point Lvl.5 is when the master and the apprentice first establishes their relationship. Relationship level-up can be done through quests.
- B. Lvl. 3~Lvl. 1 quest rewards, Hidden/Black/Victorious dragon medallions, are not given to the masters, only to apprentices. If the apprentice completes all the quests and receives Hidden/Black/Victorious Dragon Medallions, benefits are given to both the master and the apprentice.
- C. If Level 2/Level 1 quests are finished while Lvl. 3 quest is finished and the apprentice possesses a Hidden Dragon Medallion, the apprentice gets all of the 3 medallions. (If level 1, a total of 3 medallions are given.)
|Lvl.5(Bottom)||0||Can learn 1 skill from the master.|
|(Skill Attack Power 40%, Chi Cost 150%, Ki Cost 0)|
|Master-Apprentice quest becomes available.|
|Lvl.4||Accumulated Lvl.5 Lvl.4||Can learn 1 skill from the master.|
|Quest Completion||(Skill Attack Power 50%, Chi Cost 120%, Ki Cost 0)|
|Master-Apprentice quest becomes available.|
|Lvl.3||Accumulated Lvl.15||Can learn 2 skills from the master.|
|Relationship point Lvl.4||(Skill Attack Power 60%, Chi Cost 120%, Ki Cost 1)|
|Lvl. 3 Quest Completion||Master-Apprentice quest becomes available. When finished, Hidden Dragon Medallion is given.|
|Lvl.2||Accumulated Lvl. 35||Can learn 2 skills from the master.|
|Relationship point Lvl. 3||(Skill Attack Power 60%, Chi Cost 100%, Ki Cost 2)|
|Lvl. 2 Quest Completion||Master-Apprentice quest becomes available. When finished, Black Dragon Medallion is given.|
|Lvl.1||Accumulated Lvl. 55||Can learn 3 skills from the master.|
|Relationship point Lvl. 2||(Skill Attack Power 70%, Chi Cost 100%, Ki Cost 3)|
|Lvl. 1 Quest Completion||Master-Apprentice quest becomes available. When finished, Victorious Dragon Medallion is given.|
- A. The Apprentice’s level is always the basis, and all 3 apprentices are separately calculated.
- B. The level at which the relationship is established is the basis. After that, relationship points must be gathered to level up , and after the conditions are met, the quests must be finished to increase the relationship points.
Ex) Next level quest condition = Level when relationship was established + accumulated levels by rank.
Apprentice System’s interface can be viewed (CTRL+B). The master can view all three apprentices’ information, but the apprentice can only view the information of his own master.
- Apprentice 1,2,3 are distinguished by tabs, and you can check their connectivity.
- If logged in, the character name will be shown in blue, if logged out, gray.
- The Relationship Point status bar shows information about the apprentice’s relationship level, and through the apprentice’s leveling up, your relationship point status and level can be increased. The master can look at all the Master & Apprentice information (master, apprentice 1,2,3).
- Master can teach skills to apprentices, and the procedure is,
- A. Open Master & Apprentice UI. (CTRL+B)
- B. Select the tab for the desired apprentice
- C. Open the skill window (CTRL+F), register the skill to be taught to the Master-Apprentice UI.
- D. The skill registered will be displayed to the apprentice’s skill window and master-apprentice UI. (I’m pretty sure it only shows up in the MA window and not the main skill window.)
- E. Teaching skills can be done only when the target character is logged in. If the character type is different, skills cannot be taught. (if the character type is diff, they can’t be in the rela tionship anyway.)
- An apprentice can only see his/her own information, and not the other apprentices under the master.
- If skills are taught, you can check it in the UI. However, a learned skill’s effectiveness can vary based on relationship points.
There are rules to Master-apprentice quests.
- A. Quests are given to the apprentice, not the master.
- B. When the apprentice completes the quest, relationship point increases. If the apprentice has a medallion, both master and apprentice get the benefit.
- C. Minimum level for doing the quest is 10. But, it also differs by the level at which the relationship is established.
When the apprentice levels up, the master gets a certain amount of experience. Apprentice’s level up is applied when the master logs in.
|Quest Name||Faction||NPC||Quest Item|
|[Apprentice/Lvl.4] Master’s Past 1||Common||Holly||Mad Cow’s Leather(10), Wild Boar’s Tusk(10)|
|[Apprentice/Lvl. 3] Master’s Past 2||Common||Don||Sharp Fang(10), Blood Wolf’s Leather(10)|
|[Apprentice/Lvl. 2] Mother’s Heart||Common||Lady Tae||Mountain Bandit’s Huge Sword(10),Second Man’s Headband(1),First Man’s Headband(1),Lynn’s Letter(1)|
|[Apprentice/Lvl. 1] Alcoholic Brothers||Common||Lady Tae||Alcoholic Brother’s Liquor Bottle(20), Alcoholic Brothers’ Footsteps1(5), Alcoholic Brothers’ Footsteps2(5), Alcoholic Brothers’ Barbarism(5), Map According to Testimony1 (1), Map According to Testimony2(1), Plan on selling Home-brews(1)|
Master & Apprentice quest can be done, and additional benefits are can be acquired by the items given as the quest reward to apprentices.
|Hidden Dragon Medallions||Attack 5% Increase , HP 20 Increase||Lvl. 2 Quest Item
Lvl. 3 Quest Reward Item
|Black Dragon Medallions||Defense 5% Increase , HP 20 Increase||Lvl. 1 Quest Item
Lvl. 2 Quest Reward Item
|Victorious Dragon Medallions||Skill Defense 5% Increase, HP 20Increase||Lvl. 1 Quest Reward Item|